Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day, everyone! I think I'm going to start off my blogs with a joke; they're all terrible jokes, but I'm corny like that. 

What is Beethoven doing right now?
...
He's decomposing.

I know, I know. Bad. Anyway, in the next couple of days I will try to get a video uploaded that will show everyone some ukulele basics. I'll be going over basic facts about the anatomy of the ukulele as well as some chords and musical terminology that I'll be using throughout my blog posts. After I go over the basics, I hope to start making video tutorials and just playing around with learning and performing new songs. Again, if you have any song suggestions, please leave a comment and I'll get right on it! I'll make sure to give you a shout out in my video when I post it. And along that same vein, I leave all of you with a question. How many popular songs can you think of that use the ukulele?

5 comments:

  1. Song requests:
    1. Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    2.I Wanna Be a Billionaire
    3. I'm Yours
    4.Hey Soul Sister
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classic ukulele choices, my friend. :) Love it.

      Delete
    2. I can play 1,3,and 4 so if you would like to learn them Allison, I can teach you :)

      Delete
  2. http://youtu.be/OBE_T-K8nhY

    Timon and Pumbaa from the Lion King was the first ukulele song I thought of :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That would actually be a very fun one to learn. I love love love the Lion King!

      Delete

What instrument do you play?