Good morning, everyone! Happy Friday!
So, why wouldn't Jimmy's mom let him watch large orchestras on tv?
...
She knew there was a lot of sax and violins involved.
After a brief hiatus to go to Chicago with some friends, I'm back and preparing to post a few more times before the week is out. I hope to have another video up before I head back to BSU on Sunday, and there may be a guest appearance this time (oh, the mystery...)!
Let's take a minute to run down some brief introductory facts about the ukulele. This instrument was originally brought to Hawaii by the Portuguese; in its early years, it was more guitar-like in appearance and utilized a different tuning than present day ukuleles. The natives took the Portuguese instrument--which is called a cavaquinho--and adapted it into the modern ukulele. The ukulele today is made in four different styles. The standard ukulele is called a "soprano" ukulele, and it has a shorter fretboard which is great for traditional Hawaiian music. The one I use is a "concert" ukulele; it's longer fretboard makes it easier to play contemporary music that would be usually played on the guitar. The other two types are "baritone" and "tenor" ukuleles, which both have lower tones that the first two. The ukuleles also different in size with the soprano being the smallest, then the concert, followed by the tenor, and finally, the big ol' baritone.
You joke made me laugh out loud in my office. Very funny!
ReplyDeleteAt least SOMEONE enjoys my humor! I've gotten some comments from friends about the "lame jokes" on my blog. :)
ReplyDelete