Let's get down to
I just got back from a Christian rock concert. Now, Christian bands are notorious for being...well, bad. But RED is a band that mixes enough secular sounding lyrics and deeper meanings that can appeal to many types of people. So this brings me to the topic of this post. Music and its way of emotionally impacting people.
Here's the thing. I am a devout Protestant, and I have been for many years. And no matter how good a sermon is or how much time I spend on devotions, the clearest path of communication between God and myself is music. Through music, God speaks to me.
Many Christian songs sound the same; having been involved with many worship teams over the years in my home church, I can usually pick out a Christian song within a few chord progressions or a look at the lyrics. They usually have very similar qualities. So, when a song strikes me as different from normal, it leaves an impact. Especially when the words communicate exactly what I need to say--or what I need to hear for that matter. Tonight, RED played "Breathe Into Me" as their final encore. This was the first song I ever listened to by them, and it has always been my favorite. The fact that it was the last song they played opened me up enough to realize that even though I've been extremely stressed lately, all I have to do is call on God and through Him, nothing will overpower me.
"Breathe your life into me; I can feel you. I'm falling, falling faster. Breathe your life into me; I still need you. I'm falling, falling, breathe into me."
RED is such a different genre from anything I've heard on the ukulele, so I won't post a video. But if you like rock music, by all means check them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment